2020 National Pig Awards open for entries!
1st May 2020 / By Alistair Driver
Pig World magazine has announced that the 2020 National Pig Awards are now open for entries.
The awards aim to recognise and reward excellence across the pig sector, culminating - assuming things return to something like normality - in a great night out in London in November. The NPA has been a big supporter of the awards over the years, with Lizzie Wilson playing a prominent role in the judging.
Entries for the seventh edition of the awards are currently being accepted into the following categories:
- Indoor and Outdoor Producer of the Year, sponsored by ForFarmers
- Finisher of the Year, sponsored by HIPRA
- Herd Productivity of the Year, sponsored by Huvepharma
- Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Ceva Animal Health
- Marketing Initiative of the Year, sponsored by Rattlerow
- Pedigree Breeder of the Year
- Special Achievement of the Year Sponsored by Meadow Quality
- Stockman of the Year, sponsored by MSD Animal Health
- Trainee of the Year, sponsored by PIC UK
- Unit Manager of the Year, sponsored by Antec
- Young Farm Vet of the Year, sponsored by Zoetis
- Young Pig Farmer of the Year, Sponsored by, Boehringer Ingelheim
- The deadline for entries is June 26.
To read more about the event, the categories, judging criteria’s and importantly complete your entry or nomination, please visit the dedicated new National Pig Awards website – www.nationalpigawards.co.uk
The awards night will also see the presentation of the NPA Allied Industry Member of the Year Award, voted on by NPA members and Pig World readers, and the NPA Chris Brant Award, as well as the David Black Award.
Stewart Houston will again chair the illustrious panel of judges. “I am delighted to be doing the job again,” he said. “Last year saw the usual high standard of entries, giving us an incredibly difficult task of selecting the very worthy winners. It is always a pleasure to recognise this talent and drive, particularly so when it comes to the young people making a name for themselves in this industry.”
Pig World publisher Simon Lewis said “We have been determined to push ahead, despite all uncertainty, to ensure the industry gets its big night and that the industry champions setting the high standards for others to follow are duly rewarded.
“So, don’t hesitate, if you think, you’ve got what it takes, get your entry in!
“Of course, safety will always be the priority – we will follow the advice as it changes and ensure all contingencies are covered.”
For the latest information on the National Pig Awards please follow its social media accounts, Twitter @pigworldmag and Facebook @NationalPigAwards. #PIGAwards20