The 2021 National Pig Awards are open for entries
25th May 2021 / By Alistair Driver
The National Pig Awards are now open for entries, with the winners to be unveiled at an awards ceremony in London this autumn.
The award categories will have a familiar look, recognising those who have excelled in pig production and rearing, stockmanship, unit management, pedigree breeding, marketing innovation and animal care. There will be the usual strong focus on the pig farmers and vets of the future, while the important allied sectors will be recognised.
2021 Award Categories
- Producer of the year – Sponsored by ForFarmers
- Indoor producer of the year – Sponsored by ForFarmers
- Outdoor Producer of the year – Sponsored by ForFarmers
- Finisher of the year – Sponsored by HIPRA
- Herd Productivity Award – Sponsored by Huvepharma
- Innovation of the year – Sponsored by Ceva
- Marketing Initiative of the year – Sponsored by Rattlerow
- Pedigree Breeder of the year
- Special Achievement of the year
- Stockman of the year
- Trainee of the year – Sponsored by PIC
- Unit manager of the year – Sponsored by Lanxess
- Young Farm vet of the year – Sponsored by Zoetis
- Young Pig farmer of the year – Sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim
The deadline for entries is June 25.
For more information on the categories and to submit your entry, visit the dedicated awards website: www.nationalpigawards.co.uk
Chris Brant and David Black Awards
Alongside the National Pig Awards, the prestigious NPA Chris Brant and David Black and Awards will be presented on the night.
Lasy year, NPA chief executive Zoe Davies was a popular winner of the Chris Brant Award, in recognition of the ‘massive contribution’ she continues to make to the British pig industry.
You can now nominate your 2021 winner.