AHDB 'Eat Balanced' campaign goes live
4th Jan 2021 / By Alistair Driver
AHDB's new £1.5 million cross-sector New Year TV-led advertising campaign encouraging consumers to ‘Eat Balanced’ has gone live.
At a time of year when the vegan agenda generally gets a big push, the campaign aims to deliver a collaborative and concerted message about the benefits of including meat and dairy within a balanced diet.
The campaign represents a first for the meat and dairy industry as it is being delivered in partnership with stakeholders and industry partners from across the pork, beef, lamb and dairy sectors.
It will appear on TV, social media, digital and supermarket packaging and aims to highlight the nutritional benefits of enjoying red meat and dairy, while showcasing Britain’s world class standards in food production and sustainability.
It will be built around three key messages:
- Meat and dairy contain vitamin B12, an essential nutrient not naturally present in a vegan diet
- Red meat and dairy from Britain is produced to world class food and farming standards
- Red meat and dairy from Britain is amongst the most sustainable in the world.
AHDB want farmers to get involved and share their stories on social media. A range of assets are now available to download to help farmers promote the inclusion of red meat and dairy in the diet of British consumers.
- For more information on the campaign and how you can get involved, visit: ahdb.org.uk/WeEatBalanced
- There is a also a new website specifically for consumers: https://weeatbalanced.com/
- You can one of the pork-themed adverts here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
AHDB has set out six ways to get involved and spread the message:
- Download the free assets created on the Eat Balanced website and share from your social channels
- Post on Facebook and Twitter and remember to use #WeEatBalanced
- Search #WeEatBalanced and retweet posts to spread the word
- Pin a Tweet to the top of your profile. Click the icon located at the top right part of the Tweet and select 'Pin to your profile'
- Use the We Eat Balanced Twibbon to add to your profile picture on Twitter
- You can also add the We Eat Balanced frame to your Facebook profile picture
AHDB’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer Christine Watts said: "Our farmers operate to some of the highest standards in the world and this campaign aims to balance the negative commentary around farming as well as the importance of eating red meat and dairy as part of a balanced and healthy diet. AHDB is championing a message with consumers for a bright new year – eat balanced: enjoy the food you eat”
Liam Byrne, AHDB’s Head of Marketing, said: “The nation needs a bit of a lift as it’s been a tough time for everyone, so now more than ever we wanted to create a campaign that feels uplifting and reassuring for consumers who are increasingly being told by the media to reduce their meat and dairy consumption.
“As such this is also a very important campaign for our levy payers as it tells the real story of food and farming from Britain.”