Congratulations to all the National Pig Award winners!
17th Nov 2020 / By Alistair Driver
The NPA has congratulated all the winners of the 2020 National Pig Awards!
The awards ceremony, humorously hosted by TV presenter Mark Durden-Smith, was broadcast online on Monday afternoon.
The overall Pig Producer of the Year title went to Wayland Farms, which was also named Outdoor Pig Producer of the Year, as it was in 2019. The Norfolk-based company was adjudged to be the overall winner after going head-to-head with the Indoor Pig Producer of the Year, Northamptonshire-based Bridge House Farm.
The NPA Allied Member of the Year was Yorkshire Farmers Livestock Marketing, following an online vote from NPA members and Pig World readers.
The three finalists for the Special Achievement Award were all Young NPA members - Lee Thompson, Flavian Obiero and Anna Longthorp. Lee was adjudged to be the winner for his groundbreaking Flat White Chat podcasts.
Here is the full list of 2020 winners:
- OVERALL AND OUTDOOR PIG PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – Wayland Farms
- INDOOR PIG PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – Bridge House Farm
- FINISHER OF THE YEAR – Paul Howland, MP & PM Howland
- HERD PRODUCTIVITY AWARD – R & C Mellor
- INNOVATION OF THE YEAR – White Syke Farm (freedom farrowing designs)
- MARKETING INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR – Cwm Farm Charcuterie Products
- NPA ALLIED MEMBER OF THE YEAR – Yorkshire Farmers Livestock Marketing
- PEDIGREE BREEDER OF THE YEAR – Ron Fieldhouse, R.W Fieldhouse
- SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR – Lee Thompson, Wayland Farms (for ‘Flat White Chat’ podcasts)
- STOCKMAN OF THE YEAR – Dawid Wawrowski, Karro Food Group
- UNIT MANAGER OF THE YEAR - Iwona Rosa, Norfolk Free Range
- YOUNG FARM VET OF THE YEAR – Max Wood, Larkmead Veterinary Group
- YOUNG PIG FARMER OF THE YEAR – Josh Brewster, North Farm Livestock
You can read more about the winners on the National Pig Awards website HERE
There will be a full coverage of each award in the December issue of Pig World.
If you haven't yet registered but would like to watch the awards on demand, please email Elle at: email@example.com
NPA chief executive Zoe Davies, who was announced as the popular winner of the Chris Brant Award during the event, said: "Congratulations to Wayland on its thoroughly deserved award, which is recognition of the great work it does in so many aspects of pig production.
"They were all very worthy winners, so a very big well done from everyone at the NPA to them all!"
Lizzie Wilson once again played a prominent role on the judging panel. "From a judge's perspective, the standard in some of the categories was exceptional this year and it was very, very tight to judge. In some cases, all three finalists could have won. Well done to all the winners and finalists!" she said.