Members Area - comprehensive briefing on the key EU Exit and trade issues
26th Oct 2020 / By Alistair Driver
NPA senior policy adviser Rebecca Veale has put together a comprehensive document for members outlining all the unresolved issues affecting the pig sector ahead of our exit from the EU at the start of 2021.
The comprehensive document covers the outstanding issues that could affect trade in live animals and meat from the start of next year, in many cases regardless of whether the UK and EU reach a trade deal. It also covers the implications of a no deal.
Specific topics covered include:
- The lack of necessary border control posts for live animals and how this could affect breedinbg pig exports and imports.
- Internal border and trade between the Republic of Ireland, Nortern Ireland and GB.
- Export Health Certificates for live animals and meat.
- Questions over transporter authorisations.
- Health marks on meat.
- Operation Brock and possible delays at ports, affecting exports.
The document sets out the issues and their potential implicationsand what the NPA is doing to address them. The document will be updates as the situation evolves.
THIS IS A MUST READ DOCUMENT!
To view the document, go the Members' Area and scroll down to the EU Exit section.