Your chance to view our draft Command Paper response!
1st May 2018 / By Zoe Davies
We've had a good response so far to our calls for members to feed in to our response to Defra's Command Paper on the future of food and farming.
Thank-you to everyone who has contributed so far.
My team have been beavering away over the past few weeks putting together our position on the wide-ranging set of topics covered in the Command Paper.
And the first draft is now ready - all 41 pages of it! It's been a monumental effort so far, and we're not finished yet. We would like to hear members' views before we sign the document off and forward it to Defra.
Members can now view it here in the members' publications section.
We aare not expecting you to read every page, but feel free to have a browse and let us know what you think. Is there anything you think needs to go in there as well? Or come out?
Email us with your views at . But you need to be quick - the consultation closes on May 8.
Defra is apparently expecting over 100,000 responses to this, and you can bet many of those won’t have anything to do with agriculture, so standing out will be challenging! It is, therefore, really important that our response is as robust as possible - and that we have input from as many members as possible to highlight that this a collective industry response from the people that matter!
- To view the Command Paper, click here.
- As well as feeding your views into us, we would like to encourage members to respond directly to the consultation. One way of doing this is via the multiple choice questions here.
- We have been posting questions from the Command Paper for members. Click here to view.
- And click here to see a story on this site about why it is so important the members do engage with the process.
- To send us your views on any of the questions, please email