NPA election nominations open today!
2nd Oct 2023 / By Alistair Driver
NPA producer and allied industry representatives can now put themselves forward for election what will be a streamlined Pig Industry Group (PIG).
Voting will begin in the New Year to elect the next PIG, which will be reduced in size from 17 to 12, with eight producer representatives and four from the allied industries.
- Producer members can download nomination forms HERE
- Allied industry members can download nomination forms HERE
NPA chairman Rob Mutimer said: “NPA will be a more important voice than ever as the industry sets out a new path and as we try and get the best outcome for members from the contractual review legislation, and also ensure we avoid being hit by costly, prohibitive legislation going forward.
“The PIG is a brilliant mix of people from the allied industry and producers, and to make sure we move the industry forward, we need the best people to put their heads above the parapet for election."
Electing a streamlined PIG
- The NPA is seeking candidates for eight producer and four allied member seats on PIG.
- Producers will be elected on the basis of the most votes received, rather than on a regional basis.
- Efforts will be made to ensure a balance between indoor and outdoor production and independent and corporate producers. Details will be announced shortly.
- Allied members will be elected via most votes in four categories – buildings/equipment, health, marketing/processing and nutrition.
- Producers will only vote for producers, and allied industry for allied industry, with one vote per membership.
- Early October – nominations open
- January 8 – nominations close
- January 23 – email voting opens
- February 5 – postal ballots sent out to those who have not voted online.
- February 22 – voting closes.