New NPA no deal Brexit briefing!
20th Sep 2019 / By Alistair Driver
The NPA's Ed Barker has compiled a new brieifng on what a no deal Brexit scenario means for members.
You can download and view the briefing here
The key points are that in the event of a no deal:
- The UK would face significant tariffs on pork exports to EU (up to 45%);
- UK exports of pork would have to be inspection in Europe;
- The UK Government would only apply tariffs of up to 5% on pork
- The USA and EU countries would have equal pork export access to the
- The status of UK Pork exports to China would be uncertain
- One week of trade or processing disruption is equivalent to around 170,000 pigs on farm.
Ed said: "This document will form part of a rolling set of briefing notes for NPA members, providing the most up to date information and advice about a ‘no deal’ Brexit, and what it could mean for the UK pig sector. The notes will be updated and amended regularly as and when we have new information from Government and industry on no deal planning.
"Members are asked to send the NPA any information or intelligence that may help inform its thinking or guidance."