Online course launched on Principles of Carbon and Net Zero
20th Jun 2023 / By Alistair Driver
Professional standards body BASIS has launched an online course covering everything those in the agricultural industry need to know about reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
The ‘Principles of Carbon and Net Zero’ is part of series of new environmental courses available from BASIS.
BASIS head of environment, audit and public affairs, Teresa Meadows explained that the course brings together the background, context and insight on emissions and footprinting, with the practical measures and actions, into one learning resource for farmers, land managers and advisers.
“There is a lot to learn about greenhouse gas emissions and the wider context both nationally and on a farm level," she said.
"Agriculture has the potential to both emit and sequester carbon by implementing practices on-farm that reduce emissions these can really make a difference, both for productivity and profitability on-farm and to contribute to net zero as an industry."
The online course offers practical resources and a call to action for all those involved from farm to fork, covering:
- The climate change context
- Emissions, storage and sequestration from agriculture
- Calculating greenhouse gas footprints
- Emissions reduction practices
- Moving towards net zero
It has been designed for farmers, land managers, advisers, agronomists and those working within and across the supply chain.
It can be supported by more in-depth knowledge gained by progressing with more advanced courses, including:
- Certificate in Greenhouse Gases, Carbon and Climate Change Mitigation
- Certificate in Sustainable Land Management
- Soil & Water Management Certificate
- To find out more or to sign-up to the Principles of Carbon and Net Zero course visit: https://basis-classroom.co.uk/
- Find the course syllabus download here: https://basis-reg.co.uk/
documents/syllabuses/ Principles-of-Carbon-and-Net- Zero-Syllabus.pdf
- For details about the wider environmental courses on offer, contact the BASIS team here: https://www.basis-reg.co.uk/