Defra sets out details of next stage of Farming Investment Fund
24th May 2022 / By Alistair Driver
Defra has set out more details of the next stage of its Farming Investment Fund.
The next theme, to be launched in June, will be entitled 'Adding Value'. The £30 million fund will offer grants of between £25,000 and £300,000 for up to 40% of eligible project costs focused on supporting farmers and growers to process, diversify and add-value to their products.
They will pay for capital items to enable you to add value to eligible agricultural products, after they’ve been harvested or reared. Details on eligible capital items is contained within the manual. They include:
- equipment for preparing or processing edible agricultural products for added value sales
- equipment for ‘second stage’ processing of grain - for example, colour sorting, blending
- equipment for processing non-edible agricultural products into new products (for example, flax, hemp, wool, hides, and skins)
- equipment for retailing eligible agricultural products (for example, vending machines or display facilities)
- premises for the preparation or processing of added value agricultural products, including associated integral storage areas.
More details, including the manual and how to apply HERE