Survey shows hugely positive response to 2018 British Pig & Poultry Fair
7th Aug 2018 / By Alistair Driver
Nearly all visitors and exhibitors rated the 2018 British Pig & Poultry Fair as 'good or excellent', according to a survey taken after the event.
The Fair, held in May at Stoneleigh Park, the event, staged by the Royal Agricultural Society of England (RASE), attracted over 370 exhibitors and 10,131 visitors. A post-event survey showed visitors and exhibitors rated it as the best yet, with the research showing 93% of producers rated their day as valuable for their business, while 100% of exhibitors said they met most or all of their objectives of exhibiting.
Key results from the 2018 Fair research:
Visitors (from 590 responses)
- 98% of visitors found what they were looking for at the Fair
- 93% of visitors rated the Fair as valuable for their business
- 97% of visitors rated their visit to the Fair as good or excellent
- 96% of visitors to the 2018 Fair plan to attend the 2020 Fair.
- 68% of visitors plan to make a purchase as a result of their visit to the Fair
- 80% of visitors plan to make changes to their business as a result of their visit to the Fair
Exhibitors (from 135 responses)
- 87% rated the Fair as very important or important for generating future orders for their company
- 91% rated the Fair as very important or important for engaging with existing customers
- 72% rated the Fair as an excellent or good return on investment
- 100% of exhibitors met all or most of their objectives of exhibiting at the Fair
- 99% saw the right visitors at the 2018 Fair
- 95% of exhibitors found the organisation of the Fair excellent or good
- 93% of exhibitors rated the 2018 Fair as excellent or good
- 94% of exhibitors plan to exhibit at the 2020 Fair
Event organiser Alice Bell said: “The professional and business nature of the pig and poultry sectors was clearly apparent at the Fair. Our survey shows that producers found it an extremely valuable and worthwhile day away from the farm.”
“The RASE would like to thank all the visitors and exhibitors who helped make the 2018 Fair such a success. We are already working on ideas and improvements to ensure the 2020 event, taking place on May 12 and 13, continues to deliver for the industry.”