Members' Area updates - tax simplification meeting and planning deadline relaxation
15th Oct 2020 / By Alistair Driver
The latest Members' Area updates include a call for farmers to take part in a tax simplification meeting and news of extra time on planning permissions.
Tax simplification meeting
The NFU is looking for people to participate in a virtual meeting with the Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) next Thursday to discuss how Capital Gains Tax affects farmers.
Extra time for planning permissions
The Government is allowing extra time for planning permissions that have run out, in response to the disruption caused by COVID-19.
If members have an existing permission which runs out by December 31, they will now have until May 1, 2021, in England.
Full details are available in the Members' Area HERE (scroll down to October 14 and 15 entries for the topics above).
Also in the Members' Area:
- A summary of all the ley points raised at the NPA's autumn webinars.
- You can access the latest NPA Member's survey.
- Rebecca has recently updated our COVID guidance, including details on getting staff tested.
- You can download nomination forms for the NPA Elections and access the election guide.
- You can access an important livestock transport survey, which closes on November 2. Scroll down to October 9 entry.
- There are updates on the EU Exit issues affecting the sector.
- There are comprehensive briefings and guidance on African swine fever, farrowing crates and the new Chinese flu strain.
- The NPA's staff contact details.
If you have any problems accessing the Members Area, contact